Thanks to Jodi for creating such an amazing experience for our kids!! The STEM projects were incredible. If you tie-dyed a t-shirt see the instructions for care below. Thanks Wendy for handling the tie-dye station!
Instruction for finishing your unique tie-dye shirt:
1. Keep the shirt in the plastic bag for six to 24 hours. The longer you let it sit, the more intense your colors will be.
2. Wear gloves to handle messy dyed fabric to avoid staining skin. Do not put dyed fabric directly on floors, carpets, countertops, etc. to avoid staining these surfaces. Leave fabric tied up! Take tied up fabric to a sink and flood it with cold running water.
3. Cut/remove rubber bands (be careful if you take them off – they will stretch and splatter dye).
4. Fill washer to “large load” setting with hottest water and a very small amount of laundry soap.
5. Wash and dry separately from other items (though you can put several tie-dyed shirts together, as long as the color palette is similar).
6. Continue to wash separately (or with darks) for several washes.
Love to Golf? Never Golfed? Doesn't matter! The novice, the expert and anyone in between will all have fun at the Annual Parmalee Glow Golf Tournament fundraiser. The event is hosted by two of Parmalee's beloved teachers, Tony Fiore and Greg Dorsey. You do not want to miss the adults-only night of fun at South Suburban Golf Course on Friday, September 22. The event is not limited to Parmalee families. So grab your friends and neighbors and put together a foursome, or come as a couple or a single and we'll group you into a foursome. ALL LEVELS of golf ability welcome! The cost is $50 per person. See the Glow Golf sign-up form for all the details!
Please return the sign-up form by Friday, September 15.
We are looking for business or individual “hole” sponsors. Advertise your business for a $100 donation! Fill out the Glow Golf sponsor form or contact Tony Fiore, Anthony.Fiore@jeffco.k12.co.us if you are interested.
Last chance to register your child for the fun run in time to guarantee a t-shirt size! All registrations due FRIDAY, 9/15. If you submit the registration afterwards we will do our best to ensure your child's t-shirt size for the spirit shirt. Spirit shirts for the Fun Run are earned through raising $20 with the sticker challenge.
Any student can run in the Fun Run on October 6th at 7:45 am regardless of whether they fundraised or not. More information can be found at http://parmaleepta.org/funrun/
PTA builds bridges between homes and schools, integrating the efforts of parents with those of principals and teachers. When you get involved in PTA, the child who benefits the most is your own. You also are taking a major step toward improving your child’s school, your community, and your state and national education and health policies. PTA promotes the education, health, and safety of children and families.
Parmalee is a small school and we'd love all the help we can get to ensure our kids get the most out of their school experience! We are like a normal PTA... except WAY cooler! ;-)
The kids say it best!
VOLUNTEERS: We need every parent to volunteer at least 3 hours a year. I know, we are all so busy! It can be really hard to volunteer on top of a full time job and all the after school programs for the kids. The good news is that we have PLENTY of volunteer opportunities at all times and days! If you haven't signed a physical volunteer interest sheet at Back to School night or Boo-Hoo Breakfast please fill out the form below. Dads- please consider volunteering for Watch Dogs (the kids will love seeing you there!) and/or 'Man'-ual labor. PARMALEE PTA Volunteer Interest Form Committee Descriptions